Dr. Roman A. Surmenev, Head of the group
Dr. Roman A. Surmenev was born April 25, 1982 in Minusinsk, Russia. He received an B.Sc. degree in Physics in 2003, M.Sc. in Physics in 2005 and Candidate of science (US equivalent Doctor of Philosophy in Solid State Physics) in 2008 from National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University. Since year 2006 he has been regularly teaching university undergraduate and post-graduate students on the subject of General and Plasma Physics.
- July 2013 – June 2015, visiting guest researcher (Marie Curie fellow) at Fraunhofer IGB (Stuttgart);
- June 2015 – present, Head of the Centre of Technology at National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
- April 2011 – present, associate professor;
- September 2010 – May 2015, senior researcher at National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
- September 2004 – August 2010, researcher at National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
2016 – the most cited researcher at National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
2016-2010 – four times Russian President Fellowship holder;
2015-2013 – Marie Curie Fellow;
2015, 2011, 2010, 2006 – DAAD fellowships holder;
2015, 2011 – Best researcher of National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
2009 – present time, coordinator of the Leonhard-Euler-Program of the DAAD;
2009 –Tomsk region laureate in the sphere of education, science, health care and culture;
2007 – First degree diploma for the talk at the conference «Modern technologies», Russia, 2007;
2007 – Present time – a member of a personnel reserve of National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University;
2005, 2003 – Best Master and bachelor diploma.
Additional most relevant scientific achievements:
- Marie Curie Fellow (2013-2015);
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (Nov 2014 - present);
- Fellow of the American Ceramic Society (2014 - present);
- Associate Editor (RSC advances, IF 3.708) (July 2015 - present);
- RSC advances Advisory Board Member (2013-present);
- Referee of the Journal “Acta Biomaterialia” (Elsevier, impact-factor 3.895), J. Biomed. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Med (Springer, impact-factor 2.325), Surface and Coatings Technology (Elsevier, IF 2.135), and RCS Advances (Royal Society of Chemistry) etc.;
- Invited talks on the Second International Symposium on Plasma Nanoscience (iPlasmaNano-II), 12-15 December 2010, Sydney, Australia; Biomaterials NRW (Essen, Germany) in 2008;
- A member of international committee iPlasmaNano-II-III symposia (Sydney2010, Singapore2012);
- A quest editor (with Prof. M. Epple, University of Duisburg-Essen, President of the German Society for Biomaterials) of the themed issue «Bioactive surfaces for hard tissue regeneration», which was published by RSC Advances online journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry. H-index 12 (Scopus).
Main publications for 2015 year:
- A.A. Ivanova, R.A. Surmenev, M.A. Surmeneva, T. Mukhametkaliyev, K. Loza, O. Prymak, M. Epple. Hybrid biocomposite with a tunable antibacterial activity and bioactivity based on RF magnetron sputter deposited coating and silver nanoparticles, Applied Surface Science 329 (2015) 212–218, doi: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2014.12.153, 28 February 2015.
- M.A. Surmeneva, A.I. Tyurin, T.M. Mukhametkaliyev, T.S. Pirozhkova, I.A. Shuvarin, M.S. Syrtanov, R.A. Surmenev. Enhancement of the mechanical properties of AZ31 magnesium alloy via nanostructured hydroxyapatite thin films fabricated via radio-frequency magnetron sputtering. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 46 (2015) 127-136, doi:10.1016/j.jmbbm.2015.02.025, June 2015.
- M.A. Surmeneva, R.A. Surmenev. Microstructure characterization and corrosion behaviour of a nano-hydroxyapatite coating deposited on AZ31 magnesium alloy using radio frequency magnetron sputtering. Vacuum 117 (2015) 60-62, doi: 10.1016/j.vacuum.2015.04.004, July 2015.
- M.A. Surmeneva, T.M. Mukhametkaliyev, H. Khakbaz, R.A. Surmenev, M.B. Kannan. Ultrathin film coating of hydroxyapatite (HA) on a magnesium–calcium alloy using RF magnetron sputtering for bioimplant applications. Materials Letters 152 (2015) 280-282, doi: 10.1016/j.matlet.2015.03.140, 1 August 2015.
- A.A. Ivanova, M.A. Surmeneva, R.A. Surmenev, D. Depla. Influence of deposition conditions on the composition, texture and microstructure of RF-magnetron sputter-deposited hydroxyapatite thin films. Thin Solid Films 591 (2015) 368-374, doi:10.1016/j.tsf.2015.03.058, 30 September.
- R.A. Surmenev, M.A. Surmeneva, I.I. Selezneva, A.I. Tyurin, T.S. Pirozhkova, M. Epple. Nanostructured RF magnetron sputter deposited hydroxyapatite coating on the surface of permanent and biodegradable alloys. European Cells and Materials Vol. 29. Suppl. 1, 2015 (page 57).
- A.A. Ivanova, R.A. Surmenev, M.A. Surmeneva, T.M. Mukhametkaliyev, K. Loza, O. Prymak, M. Epple. Hydroxyapatite - based biocomposite with silver nanoparticles: synthesis and characterization. European Cells and Materials Vol. 29. Suppl. 1, 2015 (page 19).
- M.A. Surmeneva, T.M. Mukhametkaliyev, A.I. Tyurin, A.D. Teresov, N.N. Koval, T.S. Pirozhkova, I.A. Shuvarin, A.V. Shuklinov, A.O. Zhigachev, C. Oehr, R.A. Surmenev. Effect of silicate doping on the structure and mechanical properties of thin nanostructured RF magnetron sputter-deposited hydroxyapatite films, Surface & Coatings Technology 275 (2015) 176–184, doi:10.1016/j.surfcoat.2015.05.021, 15 August 2015.
- I. Yu. Grubova, M. A. Surmeneva, A. A. Ivanova, K. Kravchuk, O. Prymak, M. Epple, V. Buck, R.A. Surmenev. The effect of patterned titanium substrates on the properties of silver-doped hydroxyapatite coatings. Surface and Coatings Technology 276 (2015) 595-601, DOI: 10.1016/j.surfcoat.2015.06.010, 25 August.
- C. Kleinhans, G. Vacun, R. Surmenev, M. Surmeneva, P.J. Kluger. Testing the in vitro performance of hydroxyapatite coated magnesium (AZ91D) and titanium concerning cell adhesion and osteogenic differentiation, BioNanoMaterials 16(1) 2015, pp.41-50; DOI: 10.1515/bnm-2015-0002.
- M.A. Surmeneva, C. Kleinhans, G. Vacun, P. Juliane Kluger, V. Schönhaar, M. Müller, S. Boris Hein, A. Wittmar, M. Ulbricht, O. Prymak, C. Oehr, R.A. Surmenev. Nano-hydroxyapatite-coated metal-ceramic composite of iron-tricalcium phosphate: Improving the surface wettability, adhesion and proliferation of mesenchymal stem cells in vitro. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 135 (2015) 386-393, doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2015.07.057, 1 November 2015
- M.A. Surmeneva, E.A. Chudinova, I.Yu. Grubova, O.S. Korneva, I.A. Shulepov, A.D. Teresov, N.N. Koval, J. Mayer, C. Oehr, R.A. Surmenev. Effect of pulsed electron beam treatment on the physico-mechanical properties of hydroxyapatite-coated titanium, , Ceramics International (2015) in press, doi: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2015.09.092
- D.S. Syromotina, R.A. Surmenev, M.A. Surmeneva, A.N. Boyandin, M. Epple, M. Ulbricht, C. Oehr, T.G. Volova. Oxygen and ammonia plasma treatment of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) films for controlled surface zeta potential and improved cell compatibility, Materials letters, doi:10.1016/j.matlet.2015.10.080
mobile phone:+7 903 953 09 69